"...grace is found at the depths and in the death of everything." Richard Rohr, Immortal Diamond
Grace abounds, never more so than when faced with decisions that causes a crumbling of the heart.
We had to make a gut torn decision yesterday to put our inherited dog down. We prayed and cried and screamed for signs that it was the right decision. Looking back at all the moments that led up to the final one it is clear... that grace was the sign. From the circumstances to the hands and hearts of the doctors to my drummer boy's tender heart (for a dog that pushed his buttons more days than not)...it was grace. Grace has flowed this past week and continues this morning in every little memory. She was the breathing loving thread that tied me to my mom (her mom). I held her the same way I held my mom in those last few moments...yes... that too was grace. And now I will depend on grace through the tears and heartache of letting go of that sassy little dog and I will depend on grace to be the new living thread.
Goodbye Ophelia...tell your mom, I miss her.

She was a good dog!
ReplyDelete