And then I find myself needing to reconcile the feelings.
Until...
I started reading God Of The Possible by Gregory Boyd. He speaks of "open theism" a new way of thinking about an open view of the future vs. a predetermined belief system that says God has it all orchestrated (for me). I've struggled with prayer lately (note: that is seriously as understated as saying I "like" wine and cigars). I've felt indifferent and angry and frustrated and heartfelt and broken and unsure and terrified with God. It's been the difference between knowing and unknowing. If I believe God knows everything and everything is predetermined what difference do my prayers make? Does God choose to know? If so then my prayers don't really matter. I've been a firm believer in "prayer doesn't necessarily change things it just changes me". Ugh. Does God choose not to know? If so then my prayers do matter. And when I see and touch and feel and ache with the pain my daughters carry - I quite honestly don't give a shit about "prayer changing me". I want prayer to change (fix) what they are up against and I want prayer to heal and mend and restore and make new. I
and I have to believe it does change.
I can't reconcile it all.
I can't predict it all.
I can't plan for it all.
but...
I
No comments:
Post a Comment