"There is a door we all want to walk through and writing can help you find it and open it. Writing can give you what having a baby can give you; it can get you to start paying attention, can help you soften, can wake you up." Anne Lamont
I had my storytelling coaching session last night. I had no real expectations of what this was going to be like, I was just mostly anticipating being a bit star struck by this amazing young woman whose words always jump off her blog and attach to me like velcro. We Skyped which provided way more dimension than talking on the phone. I was star struck and in awe of they way she uses words, it's as if she actually creates them as she speaks them. Her passion for writing is obvious. She didn't tell me I could write or couldn't write, she didn't talk to me about my sentence structure or style of writing and to be quite honest I didn't ask (mostly because I only like to hear what I like to hear and what if she said my writing was horrific and I should jump to plan b...I don't have a plan b).
Maybe...how I write doesn't matter. Maybe what matters... is that I write.
So...since I'm not going to have another baby...
I will write...
to be aware and present,
to record the moments of grace,
to speak of the beauty in the every day.
I will write...
to discover my "more".
I will write...
because it is an opening for me to explore and wander through my "in-betweeness".
Elora (storytelling coach) gave me much to ponder, none of which had to do with my ability or inability to write, mostly just my yearning to.
No comments:
Post a Comment