Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gifts.

Sometimes,  often ... more times than I care to admit, I get caught up in the untamed force of the holiday season.  And that makes me a bit bah humbug-ish...

So I decided to step out of harm's way this year and be present to the beauty of the Christmas season.

You see...I'm finding the older (more mature) I get the more time I need for contemplation and stillness and calmness.   I need less crazy and more zen.  So here are just a few of the items on my shopping list...I'm trusting it will grow over the next few weeks.

I want I will...

pause at my kitchen sink to soak up the freshly painted morning sky,

text a bit of the Christmas Story to my devo friends... daily,

make room for goodness and endless acts of kindness,

spread joy,

reuse, recycle, re-purpose...stuff,

shop less and give more,

believe,


and

rejoice and reclaim the essence of the season.

But most importantly...

I will clench the extraordinary moments of utter beauty and treasure the wonder of it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment