I witnessed grace today...and community and love and struggle and beauty and determination and bravery and hope.
This thing that I needed to do 10+ years ago became bigger than me today. It wasn't about me and I got to be a part of something way bigger than my ego...and that's a pretty big something.
Hundreds of courageous people showed up today with either a story to share or a heart that needed to hear the stories of others... Dozens of volunteers wholeheartedly dedicated themselves for months prior because they believed in the importance of stepping into the dance. The dance that invites communities to find their rhythm...speak the truth and innately trust in the safety of it all.
That's extravagant vulnerability.
I don't do vulnerability well. But I'm learning that leaning into my messy exposes me in a healing way.
So here it is... some days I can't find my breath. Some days my heart drops in my belly because it's too much for my chest to hold. Some days I feel selfish. Some days I am selfish. Some days I can't leave my house. Some days I think it's all about me. Some days I know it's all about me. Some days I wrestle with God's mercy or lack of. Some days I accept it. Some days my body vibrates. Some days my mind can't stop the crazy. Some days I'm grateful and fearful and hopeful and exhausted and burdened and resentful and thankful and courageous and messy.
Some days I can't hold all the goodness.
Some days I know it's not about me...
today was that day.
I thank each and every vulnerable warrior today for walking in this beautiful mess.
No comments:
Post a Comment