Happy 1st Birthday little guy!
I can't believe it's been a year since we welcomed you into this world. What a gift to witness your first breath... which I think you stole from me. I had no idea that my heart could hold so much love but it did and it does and it somehow it expands with every "FaceTime".
Andrew... you have your Great Grandma Jeanie's eyes. I think you might even have a bit of her spirit. She was beautiful and funny and gentle and kind and a bit mischievous. You have Great Grandpa Frank's fierce independence and I suspect a bit of his stubbornness. Simply put...you are perfect and beautiful and charming and delightful and loved.
I'm pretty sure you will get everything you could possibly want or need at your big party so my simple gift for you on this very momentous day is a prayer.
I know you're probably thinking "Meme, a prayer? How can I open that?" Trust me, my sweet boy...you can...every day.
Andrew, my prayer for you is this...
That you will grow into a mighty man of God and that you will trust in His whispers... always. I wish you never know of pain or struggle but I pray when you do you will lean into the arms of our Savior.
I pray you grow in wisdom and strength and love and hope and joy and compassion and abundance.
I pray you adventure and discover your way through some of life's mysteries. And I pray that some of life's mysteries keep you wondering and seeking and searching.
I pray for self-confidence and a strong ego that protects not prohibits.
I pray you love deeply and take risks and are gentle and strong and trust that you are wonderfully and fearfully made in God's image.
I pray your imagination grows wild and curiosity never gets the best of you.
I pray you and your sister Anna always grow together in love and patience and forgiveness and understanding and respect... through the inevitable fights and teasing and playfulness of "siblingness".
I pray you never shy from your Mama's love. I pray you trust always in how your Mommy and Daddy "grow" you.
I pray you become a drummer boy too.
I pray you know...that you are profoundly enough.
I pray for you... always.
Happy Birthday Andrew John Zehring!
I love you to the sky and back again.
Meme
No comments:
Post a Comment