Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cling.






"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,
declares the Lord.

As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."

                                            (Isaiah 55:8, 9 NIV)






My heart seeks to fill the gaps that brings me closer to your thoughts and ways.  I'm unsure of how to do that.  All I know is that yesterday I was ok and today I feel like I'm drowning
in the wide open spaces.

Drummer boy and I spent some time at the beach this past week.

Water calms me...

Standing at the edge of the shoreline I'm reminded of my insignificance and humbled by it.
The Gulf of Mexico seemed to cradle me and pull me closer to the center of what is significant.

And yet two days later I'm grasping gasping for air.

I will hold on though...

and remember in my insignificance the breathtaking sunsets you painted...
for just me and my drummer boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment